ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT CELL (EDC)
Entrepreneurship is a key pillar to upkeep the country’s economic growth and development, employment prospects and innovation. The Entrepreneurship Development Cell aims to support by providing a platform for identifying business opportunities and to inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship among the young aspirants. It motivates its student members to become successful entrepreneurs through its training programs and activities. It nurture the talents of youth by sensitizing them on various aspects of industrial activities.
- To trigger the Entrepreneurial instinct in the students.
- To hone and train the students in the Entrepreneurial skills.
- To impact basic managerial skills and understandings in order to run the business
- To make the students realize the significance of opting as a career option.
ACTIVITIES TO BE UNDERTAKEN
- Guest lectures on project feasibility, preparation of business plan, incentives and other
financial assistances etc.,
- Entrepreneurial skill training
- Motivational talks and soft skill training by eminent personalities.
- Sharing of experiences by successful Entrepreneurs in/around the city highlighting the necessary caliber, requisite assistance, problems faced etc.,
- Plant visits to gain knowledge on processes and procedures involved in businesses
- Dr.S.Maheswari, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Commerce (Aided)
- Dr.B. Shanthini, Associate Professor & Head, Dept. of Busi. Admn (CA)
The cell organized an awareness programme on “Open Defecation” to general public and hands-on-training on paper bag, file and greeting card making to Villarasampatti primary school students on 02.08.2018 and 18.09.2018 respectively.
Special meeting on “Women Empowerment and Entrepreneurship”
A special meeting was conducted on “Women Empowerment and Entrepreneurship” on 26.09.2018. Jc. Du. Velumani, Managing Director, Certified Zone Trainer, Erode addressed the members and enriched the knowledge on entrepreneurship in real life.
- Seven of our EDC members enthusiastically participated in the UGC sponsored National Symposium on “Economic Sustainability through Entrepreneurship” conducted by Erode Arts and Science College, Erode on 09.01.2019.
- The cell also organized an awareness programme on “Plastic Free Environment” in Thindal Temple, Thindal on 05.02.2019.
- On 13.02.2019 the cell conducted various competitions like Wealth from Waste, Essay Writing and prizes were distributed to the winners.
- 20 students of primary school at Chinnapuliyur Village (UBA Adopted) were imparted with the techniques in making paper bags and files on 15.02.2019.
- To enrich the practical knowledge and entrepreneurial skills, the cell has organized a special meeting on 18.02.2019. Mr. Mohan Kumar addressed the members and motivated them.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell jointly with Yi Erode YUVA Vertical has organized a special meeting on 12/09/2019 for the EDC students.Mr. P. Naveen Kumar, National and State Youth Awardee, Sociopreneur and Founder of ARCHAYAM Trust, Namakkal has led the meeting on the topic “Opportunities and Challenges of Social Entrepreneurship”.
Students’ Participation in Training Programme
Two of our members have actively participated in training programme on “Business Model and Business Plan” organized by Entrepreneurship Development and Innovation Institute, Chennai and EEDISSIA, Erode from 16.12.2019 to 27.12.2019.
Students’ Participation in Awareness Programme
Three of our members have participated in the awareness programme on “Digital Marketing” organized by Entrepreneurial Development and Innovation Institute, Chennai and EEDISSIA on 05.02.2020.
Workshop on Clay Mural Art
The cell has organized a workshop on “Clay Mural Art” on 12.02.2020 for EDC students in SCS Hall. Mrs. S. Gokila Senthil, B.Sc. (CDF), Proprietress, Rhythm colors and Arts, Tirupur taught the students about the Art and brought out their artistic talents. The students also gave feedback stating that this workshop of learning Clay Mural art would surely benefit them in future.
A Talk Show – Chat with an Entrepreneur
Entrepreneurship Development Cell and TYCOON (Business Administration) Association jointly organized the Talk Show – “A Chat with an Entrepreneur” on 14th February, 2020. Ms. Anjali Khanwani, Owner, Sweet Retreat, Cakes and Chocolates, Erode shared her experiences and motivated the students to be passionate towards starting a business venture and also discussed about the available business opportunities for women. Around 50 EDC members actively participated.
Students’ Participation in Interdisciplinary Symposium
Twenty-four of our members have participated in DBT- STAR College sponsored one day Interdisciplinary Symposium on “Entrepreneurship Strategies in Sericulture and Apiculture ” organised by Department of Zoology on 26.02.2020.
Entrepreneurship Development Cell organized a webinar on “Innovation and Creativity – A backbone for an Entrepreneur” on 15th November, 2020. Mr.Jc.B.Saravana Kumar, Properitor, Thulir Furniture Inc. Erode addressed the students on the importance of innovation and creativity for entrepreneur.
On 30th January, 2021 Entrepreneurship Development Cell organized a webinar on “Entrepreneurship and Innovation for Sustainable Business”. Mrs.M.Ayesha Rumana, Proprietress, The Crumbs, Erode, Partner KKSK Investment Corporation, Erode, Director and Shareholder KKSK Hill Plantation Estate Pvt. Ltd. was the resource person.
World Entrepreneurs Day
On 1 st August, 2021 Entrepreneurship Development Cell and Institution Innovation Council jointly celebrated World Entrepreneurs Day (WED) and organized two events virtually for the students namely Essay Writing Contest on the topic “Entrepreneurship in the Campus” and Case Study Contest on the topic “ Successful/ Failure of Start-up Founders”. Totally 66 students of various departments participated in essay writing contest and 11 students in case study contest. First three places were awarded for both competitions.
Turning Vision to Reality – A Special Meeting for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
On 06th December, 2021 Entrepreneurship Development Cell organized “Turning Vision to Reality – A Special Meeting for Aspiring Entrepreneurs”. Dr.T.Mohanapriya, Associate Professor, Department of Management Studies (MBA), Velalar College of Engineering and Technology, Erode addressed the students on the entrepreneurial traits and gave insight to turn once entrepreneurial vision to reality.
A Special Meeting on Financial Assistance for Women Entrepreneurs
On 08th December, 2021 Entrepreneurship Development Cell organized a special meeting on “Financial Assistance for Women Entrepreneurs” for the EDC student members. Ms.Hamsaleela. N. Senthilkumar, Founder – Smarty Kids, Scooty Maskup, Guru Associates, Management Trainer – MaxCADD, Coimbatore was the resource person. She elaborated on the
scope of start-ups with live examples and various financial assistances available for women entrepreneurs.
A Skill Development Programme on Women’s Development in Digital Transformation
On 08 March, 2022 International Women’s Day was celebrated by Entrepreneurship Development Cell and A Skill Development Programme on Women’s Development in Digital Transformation was jointly organized by PG & Research Department of Corporate Secretaryship and Entrepreneurship Development Cell. Ms. Kalpana Chandrasekaran, Proprietress, Shakthi Tex, Erode was the resource person. She elaborated the scope of digital marketing in the present era.
On 25th April, 2022 EDC organized its early competition for its members. Product Creation and Drafting Business Plan were the two competitions conducted. In Product Creation competition R. Sandhiya, I B.COM ‘B’ and M. Malharaliya II BBA (CA) won the first and second place respectively. In Drafting Business Plan competition P. Harini (30/03/2004), I B.Com ‘A’ and V. Kiruthika, II BSC (CT) won the first and second place respectively.