The Department of Tamil is functioning from 1992, the year in which the college was established. The Curriculum has been tailored based on the local needs and employability quotient. The creative and life skills nurtured through teaching learners process widens the scope of the utility of the course. The research outputs of the department such as the number of ongoing Ph.D’s and the participation / presentation by the faculty members in national/ international seminars are appreciable.
The department has the credit of the successfully conducting competition and other programmes through the literary from “VELICHANGAL” is appreciable. The publication of research articles/ papers in journals/ edited books by the faculty members is able work. The Tamil Association for students is functioning effectively and efficiently under the able guidance of the faculty members and eminent scholars in Tamil were invited to share their insights.
- Motivate the students to write poem relevant to the Modern Literature
- Improve the self – Confidence of students
- Environmental Awareness
- Teach about the importance of the National Integrity.
- Communal values are introduced
- Develop the personality of the students.
- Developing the communication skills
- Helping the students to become a reporter and also good speakers.
- To develop self-confidence in women, to face the society and to empower women in all aspects.